After you have changed your name with Social Security, please follow these steps to request a Name and/or Marital Status change.

  1. Go to UKG to make any of the following related changes:  
    • Name Change
    • Marital Status
    • New Driver's License Info
    • New Employee Address, Phone, or Email
    • New Emergency Contact Info
    • Changes to W-4 (Tax Filing Status & Allowances)
    • New Bank Account Info for Direct Deposit
  2. To change your email address and/or Active Directory sign-on, contact Support Central.
  3. Your Department Payroll Rep can assist you if you need a new County Photo ID.
  4. Do you have a Larimer County Commercial Card? Contact the Finance Department to get it updated.
  5. Do you have a Parking Garage Permit? Contact the City of Fort Collins Parking Services (221-6617) to notify them of your name change and update your permit.



Marital Status Changes: 

  • If the marital status change will result in a change in benefits for the employee, he/she should complete a Benefit Status Change Form. The employee should contact HR Benefits with questions. Any benefit changes must be made within 31 days of the life event.


Name Changes: 

  • In UltiPro, please enter previous name in the “Former Last Name” field.
  • Employees MUST change their name with the Social Security Administration BEFORE changing their name in UltiPro.
  • HR Security runs a report that verifies names and SSN’s with Social Security. The name changed workflow action will not be approved if they do not match.
  • HR will email Payroll Reps to notify them of employee name changes in their departments.

Human Resources Department

HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm

200 West Oak, Suite 3200, Fort Collins, CO 80521
PO Box 1190, Fort Collins, CO 80522
PHONE: (970) 498-5970 | FAX: (970) 498-5980
Email Human Resources