Keep Colorado Wild

Starting January 1st, 2023, Colorado residents will be charged $29 for a Keep Colorado Wild Pass during their annual vehicle registration. Residents can opt-out or decline the pass annually when registering a passenger vehicle, light truck, motorcycle, and/or recreational vehicle. Click here for more details

What do I need?

  • Must be listed as the owner or agent of the owner
    • If the owner is a business, the agent acting on behalf of the business must provide a letter of authorization
    • If the owner is an individual who will not be present at the appointment, the acting agent must have a valid power of attorney
  • One of the following documents:
    • Out-of-state title
    • Copy of the out-of-state title 
    • Out-of-state registration no more than 6 months expired 
    • Proof of ownership from the DMV of your previous state of residence
    • Proof of electronic lien filing from your lender
  • Driver’s License or other Secure and Verifiable Identification (SVID) 
  • Proof of Colorado Insurance, if registering a motorized vehicle 
  • Proof of Emissions, if applicable
  • Verification of Vehicle Identification OR proof of original ownership (e.g. dealer invoice showing the vehicle was purchased as NEW)
  • Payment - additional fees apply for credit/debit card payments 
  • Additional items may be required. Please have all paperwork related to your vehicle available at the time of service


This transaction must be completed in person. Appointments are highly recommended. 

If you do not find an appointment time that works for you, walk-in service is available during business hours.