To see if you may be eligible, or to check current benefits, visit Colorado PEAK.  

Eligibility for food assistance, or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), is determined by income limits set by the Federal Government. The assistance funds vary depending upon the household.  The determined amount is put into an account that is accessed with an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, also known as a Colorado Quest card.  This card can then be used to make purchases.

Food assistance can only be used to buy food, not items like pet food, tobacco, paper products or alcohol.  Visit the USDA SNAP page for more details.     

If you cannot complete the application via the PEAK Website, you may print the Colorado Department of Human Services Application for Public Assistance here, in English or in Spanish.

Completed applications can be dropped off, emailed to benefits@larimer.org or mailed to any of our offices listed at the bottom of the page.  A face to face interview may be required in order to process your application.


  • Colorado SNAP recipients can use EBT cards online at Safeway and Albertsons. Read more...
  • Colorado SNAP recipients enjoy deeply discounted admission to Denver area museums and cultural centers just by showing their EBT card at the ticket counter. Read more...

Quick Links

Contact Us

For more information: 

  • 970-498-6300

Our Locations:

  • Fort Collins - 1501 Blue Spruce Drive
  • Loveland - 200 Peridot Avenue
  • Estes Park - 1601 Brodie Avenue