Out-of-State Students

If you are an out-of-state student attending school in Colorado, you have two options regarding licensing and registration of your vehicle.

  1. If you do not wish to change your residency status to Colorado, you may keep your out of state license plates, registration and driver's license. However, you will be required to comply with the State of Colorado emissions and insurance requirements.
  2. If you choose to change your residency status to claim Colorado as your home state, you will need to see titling a vehicle from out of state. Please remember to keep your vehicle registrations, as you will need them in order to prove residency for tuition purposes.